1. The empowerment of the weaker sections of society — scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, OBCs, minorities
The BJP will implement a set of policies committed to a massive expansion of modern
education among Muslims, particularly for the girl child, through a new nationwide network of
schools, in a public-private partnership programme. This will include, but not be limited to:
1. Capital assistance in new educational projects, both for basic and technical education,
in low-income minority areas. Each project will be vetted for viability by a team of
professionals within a maximum of six months.
2. Cash incentives for the education of the girl child, based on attendance and
performance. Incentives will rise for those girls who get admission into recognised colleges for higher education.
3. Computer centres will be set up in low income urban areas and the most backward
districts of the country.
4. The Ministry of Minority Affairs, today a stagnant source of toxic politics, will be
revitalised into a hub for economic projects specifically targeted towards employment
creation. There will be special emphasis on crafts and small-scale industries that
have been traditional employers of minorities.
5. Youth are the owners of the future, and it is our duty to make them a dynamic social
and economic engine for upliftment. The young do not live only in cities. In districts
like Murshidabad in Bengal, young girls are being forced by poverty into making
bidis on pathetic wages. Dynamic intervention is needed to improve income levels
where such jobs exist and to create fresh avenues of employment where they do not.
6. The unfortunate phase of confused loyalties in some minority sections is over.
Generations have been born in free India who are as committed to the nation as the
nation is committed to them. The success stories of Muslims in sports, cinema, industry
and a host of other fields, as individuals and team players, makes every Indian proud.
7. Terrorism does not have a religion. Those who espouse terrorism have stepped outside
the moral code of their religion into barbarism. We must lift community-relations
from the morass of misunderstanding.
8. A vibrant, modern India can have no place for either the perpetrators or the exploiters of fear.Religious Conversions
9. The BJP will facilitate, under the auspices of noted religious leaders, the setting up of a
permanent inter-faith consultative mechanism to promote harmony among and trust between
communities. This mechanism will also be used for a sustained and sincere Inter-Faith Dialogue
between leaders of the Hindu and Christian communities on all aspects of life, including the
issue of religious conversions. The dialogue should be held in the spirit of the unanimous report
of the Inter-Faith Dialogue on Conversions, which was organised at the Vatican in May 2006 by
the Pontifical Council for Inter-Faith Dialogue and the World Council of Churches, Geneva.
1. Guarantee equal opportunities for growth to all, irrespective of caste, religion, gender, and financial status.