1. Laloo Yadav’s on Varun Gandhi: The RJD chief Lalu Yadav has threatened to kill Varun Gandhi by crushing him with a road roller in front of crowd of thousands of people and used derogatory words (read more).
2. Manmohan Sing on Independent Candiates: “I would like to tell the people of Mumbai that there are a lot of independent candidates in this elections. These candidates are in the fray only to dent the votes that would be received by the Congress party”. (Read more).
3. Ashok Sahu in Kandhamal: During campaigning at Raikia village on April 5, Sahu had allegedly blamed Christians for the killing of Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Swami Laxamananda Saraswati, on August 23, 2008 (Read more).
4. The infamous Varun Gandhi’s speech: Watch & Listen for yourself (Read more ).
From a common man’s point of view this is the worst nightmare possible. The leaders who need to come together and bring stability to the people of the country are the one’s who are instigating hatred, mistrust and thus resulting in complete chaos. Election 2009 will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.
However, there is still some hope. Hope in the young , educated, professional and sincere breed of politicans in the making. There has been increased level of awareness and interest especialls in the youth ( both rural and urban ) in these elections.
- Jai Prakash Narayan of Lok Satta
- The first time independent candiate Sharath Babu
- Jagore : Encourage first time eligible voters to take part in the deomcracy.
- Captain Gopinath
Although this is a shorter list compared to the one above, we atleast have a list and a credible list.
The leaders may have forgotten their responsibilties and duties towards the citizens but the citizens have started to realize their duty towards the country. Election 2009 should be rememberd for this. Although it’s a long way to go , it is the right way to go ! To take active participation in the democracy.