- a mother looses her baby because she couldn’t afford the treatment ,we let it go
- a farmer looses his land to the money lender because he couldn’t afford to pay the interest, we let it go
- a student commits suicide because he couldn’t take the stress from his parents, his peers , we let it go
- a 10 year old is sold as a sex slave because her parents think she is bad luck, we let it go
- some thugs with AK 47 take the city and it’s people hostage , kill 200 odd people, we pay a candle light tribute and then we let it go
- politicians buy votes to come into power , we let it go
- politicians are caught in some of the country’s biggest scandals , we let it go
- a retired army personnel needs to bribe to get his retirement benefits, we let it go
- naxalites and army have the entire state caught in a war with lives of the innocent people in the line of fire, we let it go
- what was once a green colony is now turned into a high rise buildings concrete jungle by cutting down all the trees, we let it go
We let it go, whatever the issue , whatever the problem, we simply let it go. Why ? we have a job to do, we have a family to look after, we have mortgages to pay, we have movies to watch, we have cricket matches to play , we have shopping to do. We have a very busy life schedule, but surprisingly enough we manage to take time for everything and take care of everything , but when it comes to our neighbors , our community , our society and our country , WE LET It GO .
Aren’t we capable of taking on one more task, aren’t we capable of managing one more task. So what is it that’s stopping us from taking that one step , adding one more task , is it because we don’t think our services are not needed ? is it because we don’t think the situation is grave enough for our contribution ? Do we need the British to take over India ?
Before independence , it was a handful of Britishers who ruled the country , after Independence , it is a handful of politicians, billionaires and bureaucrats who are ruling the country. As gandhiji said, it doesn’t matter to the poor , if the white ruler is replaced by a brown ruler. DO WE STILL LET IT GO ????