The unthinkable has happened; The unimaginable has become the reality; The impossible has become possible. I’m alluding to the Jan Lokpal movement. A movement that brought the Anna’s, the amma’s, the bhaiyya’s, the bhabhi’s and every ordinary man on to the streets and stay united and fight for one common goal, Introduce Lokpal and take action against corruption.
After Independence, I think, this is the only occasion and the only movement that can be truly classified as “The People’s Movement“.
After a series of talks, dialogues, negotiations between the civil society and the government, the stake holders ceded to the public pressure and agreed to introduce the bill in the winter session. This, mind you after the government tried all possible means to break the civil society representatives vis-a-vis Team Anna and or NCPRI.
- First they tried to break the integrity of the team
- Then, they tried to delay the process
- All in all they managed to buy time to go into a break with the promise of introducing the bill back in the winter session.
- to put pressure on their party
- to let them know that it’s not just the TEAM, that wants the bill, but every individual who wants to secure a future for the next generation
- to tell them they have a great chance to change the history forever and be a part of the history books